18 November 2005

Memories... Stuck in the Corner of My Mind...

It occurred to me today what a funny thing the memory is. Or maybe it's just mine that's funny. The memories foremost in my mind are always the bad ones. Senior year on the softball team. A horrendous birthday. Kids that teased me. Friends that left me. And countless other memories that only serve to upset me, remind me how I've been hurt, emotional scars I still carry. My life has been so focused on the bad lately that I'd forgotten just how many good memories I have.

I've got gads and gads... so many that they're all fighting to be told first. At Tiffani's house, eating a way bigger bowl of ice cream than I was allowed at home. Cheering on the Braves with Maryellen. Long drives with Abeer, blasting the radio and singing along at the top of our lungs. Making a killer catch at first base. Pitching a perfect game sophomore year. Waiting anxiously for 7pm on Sundays. Reading my first Dean Koontz book. My sisters and I getting in our leotards and making up our own gymnastics. Helping Letty lop off her long ponytail even though her parents would kill her. Listening to a tone-deaf Brittany sing Alanis at the top of her lungs. Andie and I dumping Kool-Aid mix into our 5 gallon water cooler so we could have fruit punch on tap. Road trips with my softball team. Going up to Phoenix with Stacy and Laura looking for prom dresses. The hugs from the first kids I coached. Standing smack dab under the Eiffel Tower and looking straight up. Eating Domino's Pizza in France. Making Christmas cookies. Going to a World Series baseball game. Making sno-cones with my Snoopy Sno-Cone maker. Finding a duck in Turkey and naming him Quack. The first time I hit a royal flush on a video poker machine. Summer vacation in Michigan. Eating all the stuffing at Thanksgiving. Playing poker with Aunt Holly and Uncle Paul. Getting a new puppy and naming him Max.

There are so many, I don't know where to start. But I thought I'd at least list some of them... just so I can remember.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home